Silver Certificate – Fundamentals for Service Excellence
“Thought I knew how to answer the phones, but this training taught me to speak to people how I want to be treated. And it works!”
Silver certification training is all about the delivery of service excellence. You’ll learn easy, effective techniques that keep service standards high at all times and you’ll have fun doing it. Final assessments, both written and videotaped, demonstrating the service techniques, complete the certification process.
Topics include –
- Re-Envision Customer Service
Why now? Contextualizing why service is critical today.
- Service Exchange and Scripting
Basic communication etiquette and customized responses.
- Triage and the Conversation Cycle*
Technique to clarify and prioritize the customer’s needs.
- The Service Personality; Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
How does personality impact the service exchange?
- Efficiency: Speed vs. Accuracy; the Weave*
When time is tight, can we be efficient and polite?
- In the Shoes of the Student Customer
Empathy for the student helps manage demands.
- Delivering “No” and other bad news *
What to say when you can’t meet expectations.
- Escalation Pathways and Dealing with Difficult Customers*
Handing the difficult customer to a supervisor may be best.
- Compliance and Service Excellence
FERPA and service: how do they go together?
- Competencies for Service Excellence
Where does it say that in my job description?
- The Look and Sound of the Service Professional
Professional expectations for dress and voice.
- Stress and the Service Professional
Ways to manage the personal wear and tear of customer service!